Fly Fridays is a weekly series featuring my favorite posts of the week in niche website building, online marketing, entrepreneurship, and more.
The internet is full of junk to sort through, so let me save your precious time by showing you only the best!
Niche Website Building
- Ranking #1 – Traffic & Earnings Report – NSC Update #3 – This is a really interesting update from Josh a.k.a my opponent in the niche site challenge we’re running. He’s ahead of me so I need to work harder to beat him.
- Podcast 26: How Doug Cunnington Made Over $6,000 in 1 Month from his Small Niche Site – Spencer did a great job interviewing Doug – a project management professional in Atlanta. He’s new to this game but is killing it with over $6,000 from just one niche site in December 2013.
- Using Social Media to Grow a Niche Site: Case Study Update! – Another great post from Spencer. He’s experimenting with buying sites and driving traffic through social media. Really interesting!
- EFP 82: Website Valuations And A 7-Figure Sale (With Drew Sanocki) – Insightful conversation between Justin and Drew about site flipping in different price ranges. Selling sites is very profitable and is a great way to save up lots of cash for other projects.
- How To Reach 100,000,000 Unique Visitors in Just 6 Months – A very long and detailed post with practical instructions from Mr.Viperchill about how ViralNova and some websites are using viral articles and facebook advertising to generate tons of money and traffic.
- $100,000 in One Week, a ViralNova follow-up – Glen shares more information about the topic.
- How To Rank In Competitive Affiliate Niches – My good friend Becker shares another case study on how he quickly build and rank a new website with expired domains.
SEO and Link Building
- Metrics to look for and tips on expired domain hunting! – Hayden from NohatSeo.com really knows his stuff when it comes to building a powerful blog network with expired domains. In this article, you find important metrics he’s using and why PR is no longer relevant.
- Hacking Facebook Ads – Relevant Likes/Clicks with a Low Cost Read – FB advertising is really a good way to drive lots of targeted traffic right now if done right. I really like this post.
- How to Steal Your Competitor’s Facebook Fans – This is (maybe) a coincidence as Neil Patel also published one article on the same topic that day. Both articles are really good!
- How to Steal Your Competitor’s Twitter Followers – I have to tell you this. You need to subscribe to QuickSprout.com as soon as possible as anything comes from Neil Patel is gold.
- 5 “Five-Minute or Less” Blogging Tips That Yield Big Results. I’m Using Tip #1 in This Title. – A viral post from Pat Flynn with 1000+ shares in just a week. Use tips for those who’re trying to get more social shares to their blog posts.
- How I Increased my Email Subscriptions by 315% (And the Small, Quick Thing That Made it Happen ) – This is just a follow-up to above post from Pat. He gave some good tip too.
- 2 Ideas to Monetize Your Brand, and 1 Way to Make Money with it – TODAY! – Chris shares some great monetization strategies leveraging your personal brand.
- 10 Lessons Learned Writing My First Book – This is useful for me as I really want to publish a book in the future.
- TMBA 232: Is A College Degree Useful For Entrepreneurs? – Interesting debate! I dropped out of college last year to do online business full time, but it’s interesting to hear other people’s opinions.
Joining the DC Crew in Sai Gon!
I just arrived in Sai Gon (or Ho Chi Minh city) yesterday to attend February Junto – a monthly event for all the DCers around the world to get together and chat about their business goals, life goals, travel goals, all or none of the above over drinks, snacks, etc.
I had a really great time hanging out with cool people with tons of energy. Some pics:
I’ll be staying here for around 4 weeks, so ping me via email or Facebook if you’re in Sai Gon. I’m happy to meet up! I’m not sure if many Cloud Living readers are in Sai Gon though.
Share Your Favorite Blog Posts!
Leave a comment below and share your favorite blog posts. I’d love to check them out.