Xin chao! My name is Tung Tran. I’m 28 years old and currently living in Viet Nam with my beautiful wife and our 2 adorable corgi dogs.
I’ve spent most of my life doing different things on the internet including gaming, blogging, building websites and different types of businesses.
I’ve built and sold a bunch of highly profitable internet businesses since 2010. After selling my last one in November 2020, I decided to go all in on blockchain and cofounded TK Ventures with some close friends.
This is my personal blog where I document my journey and share my experiences including lessons learned, mistakes made, and big-wins!
I also write short tweets on Twitter occasionally. Click here to follow me. My DMs are always open if you want to connect.
Timeline of My Journey for Context
- 1994: Born in Lang Son, Vietnam.
- 2006: Got a PC as a gift from my parents and started playing video games.
- 2007: Started learning basic HTML / CSS and built my first website with WordPress.
- 2008: Became regular contributor to one of the biggest technology forums in Vietnam.
- February 2010: Started a technology blog in Vietnamese.
- August 2010: Discovered that I could make money from my blog with affiliate marketing. But it was hard to monetize Vietnamese traffic, so started again with a new blog in English.
- November 2011: Made my first affiliate sale ($118.08) and realized this could be my career.
- December 2011: Learned about Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and applied new knowledge to rank my website higher in Google.
- January 2012: Started making money regularly from my blog.
- April 2012: Sold my blog for $3500 on Flippa. A huge amount of money for a 11th grade student.
- February 2013: Dropped out of college to pursuit online business full-time. Started CloudLiving.com to document my journey.
- 2013 to 2017: Experimented with many types of online business models. Some worked. Some didn’t. But was able to earn a very good living from my online businesses. Got featured on Enterepreneur.com.
- 2018: Partnered with one of my best friends to start TK Media and started growing our publishing business very quickly.
- 2019: Sold that business for a 6-figure amount. Reinvested profits into a new portfolio with multiple websites.
- 2020: A break-through year with incredible growth across all of my websites. First year with multiple 7 figures in profits. Sold largest websites to a big Canadian corp by the end of the year.
- September 2020: Started researching about crypto & blockchain.
- December 2020: Co-founded TK Ventures with 3 close friends and started exploring different business ideas in blockchain.
- 2021: Grew TK Ventures from 4 to 50+ members operating a big crypto media network and a venture fund with with over 60 investments in DeFi / GameFi projects.
I have a big passion for learning and creating
I’m an introvert
I’m not a consistent person
I have enough
Things I Love
- Reading books.
- Scuba Diving.
I hope that you enjoyed the story of my life.
Thanks a lot for taking the time to read this. I look forward to connecting with you.
P.s. If you want to say hi, you can email me at tung [at] this domain name.
Or you can send me a DM on Twitter.
I reply to everyone.