My Monthly Income & Traffic Report – July 2013
Welcome to my July monthly income & traffic report!
Each month I will be publishing a detailed report that tells you what I’ve done and lessons learned during the previous month. I will transparently show you how my online business is progressing including my income, expenses and traffic throughout my websites.
There are four main reasons that make me do this:
- To help me keep track of my own progress.
- To push myself to see improvements month after month.
- To lead by example by sharing both my wins and failures.
- To inspire other people.
Ok. Let’s get straight into this month’s report.
Important Going-Ons In July
I didn’t put much of my efforts on the blog this month as I was busy testing and developing my own SEO blueprint which can be used for all my niche websites. It is basically based on the same princple of tiered link building with a few tweaks to simplify the process. I will tell you more on that later.
I was featured on Income Report Roundup – July 2013 by MatthewWoodward. Look at #10 and you’ll see me :D.
Finally, I was able to rank #1 for my name (Google “Tung Tran”). It’s great because I noticed some visitors coming from search engines through this search term. People are searching for my name on Google!
I also upgraded to Genesis Framework 2.0 RC2 version. You’re seeing the default theme. It’s pretty clean and enough for my needs. It will just take some customizations to be perfect for me.
To improve the loading speed and security of CLJ, I moved my blog from Hostgator to WPengine which is by far the best managed hosting I’ve ever used. My niche websites still remain on Hostgator and Westhost.
Niche Website Project
I have a good news.
My niche website got recovered. All the ranking was back. That was awesome!
How did it happen? What did I do?
Well, I added some articles, built some high PR links and even bought this Google Penalty Removal service
But I don’t think that’s the reason for the recovery.
I’m 99% sure that was the result of a small panda update rolling out on July 18 which was more “finely targeted”. You can check out this post on Searchengineland for more information.
As a result of the recovery, the earning from the site was back to normal. It’s generating $30-$50 a day on average now.
My plan for the site for now is :
- Pre create 30 more articles and then scheduling at the rate of 1 per day.
- Swapping link from my high PR blog network with some members on the Source Infinitum community to maintain and even boost the ranking of the site.
- Buy one more link building package.
Cloud Living Journey
I was only able to write 2 new articles this month for CLJ:
- The Only 5 Words That Will Make Your Incredible Success
- How To Discover Thousands of Profitable Keywords in Minutes Using SEMrush
Crunching The Numbers
There was a slight increase in traffic, from 142/day to 163/day. Overall, everything was good :D.
Most Popular Content
People seemed to like my post on How To Build a High PR Blog Network and Rank For Anything With Ease
Top Traffic Sources
Disclosure: many of the links below are affiliate links that will earn me a commission if you purchase through them. If you do, I absolutely appreciate it and if you have any questions about any of the products or services please let me know!
Also, please note that these are figures from reports from each individual company for the previous month. It does not necessarily reflect the actual payment which, for some of the companies listed below, comes 30 to 60 days later because of potential refunds.
- Amazon Affiliate: $426.76
- Previous Month: $583.30
- Difference: -$156.54
- Amazon Affiliate: $426.76
- Affiliate Earning (mostly from CLJ):
- Total: $726.59
- Gross Total in July: $1153.35
- July Expenses: (Below is what was paid last month. It does not include pro-rated yearly fees. Most are related to new projects under development):
- Odesk: $91.11
- Long Tail Pro: $12
- Namecheap: $41.24
- Blackhatlinks.com: $13.38
- Other: $63
- Proxies: $10
- VPS: $12.95
- webwriterangel.com: $60
- CrorkService: $147
- Fiverr.com: $10
- Wordai.com: $24.5
- Content Writer: $72.65
- SEOhost.com: $9.95
- Serpbook: $9.95
- Total Expenses For July: $577.73
- Net Total In July: $575.62
- Net Total Previous Month: $1080.78
2 month of income drop in a row But this month (July), I will have a significant increase in income because my biggest earner was back and I have lots of new plans for July.
Writing monthly report is really boring lol
Have anything to share with us? What are you having in store for July to improve your business? Feel free to leave a comment below!
Thank you again for your support, and I wish you all the best in July!