Work With Me: Seeking Rockstar Content Marketing Apprentice [Position Filled]
My first job ad on the blog was really successful so I wanted to do it again. This time, I'm looking for someone to join the Cloud Living team full-time.
Specifically, I'm looking for a content marketing apprentice to help manage the overall content strategy from top to bottom of the funnels and grow the Cloud Living brand to the next level.
Here's a quick summary of this job:
- Learn content marketing from the best. You'll be given access to world class training from Digital Marketer HQ
- Full time position 35-40 hours per week.
- Work remotely from anywhere - no office.
- Must be currently based in Southeast Asia. No longer required.
- 6-month apprenticeship with opportunity for extension.
- Would need to be your main focus as opposed to one of many side projects
- Salary starting at $1000 for 1st month and increases by $200 every month for the next 5 months. You'll be earning $2,000 at month 6.
Interested? Read On To Learn More About This Position and Apply! Position Filled.
What’s the Opportunity?
Cloud Living was started in February 2013 mainly as a place for me to document my journey of building and growing my own online business with affiliate marketing and SEO.
As the years go by, thanks to the detailed case studies and how-to guides that I shared, Cloud Living has grown into one of the authority blogs that people regularly follow in the “make money online / passive income / lifestyle business” space.
The blog has been visited by more than 300,000 people and has helped several thousands of them build successful online businesses (check out the latest success story)
Seeing the kind of impact that the blog is making to people’s lives, I decided to invest a significant amount of time, money and effort into taking Cloud Living to the next level.
Over the next few months, I want to:
- Increase publishing frequency to 2-3 times a week.
- Increase the quality of articles published. Make the content more in-depth, engaging and actionable.
- Mix up the types of posts including how-to’s, case studies, success stories, interviews, epic content, infographics etc.
Needless to say, that’s a massive amount of work and I couldn’t do that alone (I also work on AMZ Affiliate Bootcamp and a few other fast growing content sites).
That’s why I’m bringing someone one for help 🙂
Why This Is Such a Great Opportunity?
- Work directly with Tung - You're not going to be reporting to some team member or receiving second-hand training. I'll personally be mentoring you throughout the 6 month apprenticeship, and working closely with you.
- Learn From The Best - Most of your training will come from DigitalMarketer HQ. They're really the best experts when it comes to everything digital marketing. You'll get access to their premium courses for free and I'll be hand selecting the right ones that you should focus on. Check out this page to read more about what you'll be learning.
- Meet Some of The Top Names In Our Industry - You'll have access to my network of successful entrepreneurial friends from the Dynamite Circle and other communities. While I can't say you'll get to be best buddies with them, you'll have the opportunity to talk with some great people that you can learn a lot from.
- Work Remotely - We've always been a remote company from the get-go and we'll always be. You'll have the flexibility to live and work anywhere you want. The hours are flexible, as our business runs 24 / 7, however we’d expect you to put in about 40 hours a week and meet certain deliverables.
- Long Time Position - This is a 6 month apprenticeship designed to turn you into a marketing secret weapon. After the initial 6 months, presuming everything goes well and we enjoy working together, you'll be invited to become a full member of the team. Ideally I'd like someone to join us for the next 2-5 years and beyond.
- Great Earning Potential - You'll not be making a ton during the apprenticeship. But after 6 months, we'll sit down to review your performance and create a compensation plan that pays you well for what you're worth. I always believe that life is too short to keep all the wealth to myself, so prove your value and I'll go out of my way to make sure you're well-compensated.
What's The Position Like?
The initial apprenticeship will last six months but ultimately, I'm looking for a long-term member of the team. You'll be working directly with me to achieve some of our challenging business goals in 2017.
Our team is still small with just me and a few freelancers. So you'll likely end up doing completely new things everyday to meet different business needs as they pop up.
However, you'll be mainly responsible for the growth of our blog traffic and email subscriber list.
You won’t have a set schedule or hours, but you will have a challenging set of goals to meet each month that will keep you working full-time.
Here’s a look at some of the tasks and processes you’ll be responsible for:
- Manage Cloud Living content marketing strategy and processes for content marketing and promotion.
- Create a few pieces of original content for Cloud Living blog each month.
- Write guest posts to be published on other relevant blogs.
- Edit and publish content from guest and freelance writers.
- Draft a weekly email to Cloud Living subscribers.
- Manage our social media channels.
- Add ideas into the content ideas board to ensure an evergreen list of great content.
- Manage relationships with influencers and related brands.
- Create lead magnets that add value to the content on the blog and capture more leads.
- Create and optimize landing pages, hub pages and opt-ins.
- Connect with readers by responding to comments, social media and emails.
- Monitor and report on content marketing metrics and show continuous improvement of the content strategy based on analytics.
Your work will not only directly increase the revenue of our business, it'll also allow us to help even more people with starting their online businesses with affiliate marketing and SEO.
So if you've been looking for work that will challenge you, work that you'll learn a lot from, and meaningful work that will have a huge impact on others lives - this is perfect for you.
- Fast Learner and Action Taker - You'll be given access to some of the best digital marketing training on the market. Your job is to study them thoroughly, take detailed notes, implement what you learned, and document the results in the form of structured training / case study.
- Getting Shit Done - Although we'll be working closely together, I'll not be micromanaging or babysitting you. You'll have to be able to priority your own tasks and get them done on time.
- Highly organized – You’ll have a wide array of different tasks and objectives to sort through. You’ll need to plan ahead to stay effective and use automation and documented processes to ensure your work is completed in a predictable way.
- Attention to detail – You’ll need to check posts for image quality, formatting, grammar and make sure the links work properly.
- Perfect English - You don't need to be a native English speaker but you need to have impeccable English.
- Excellent writing skills – You never use 2 words when 1 will do, you understand how to structure sentences and paragraphs so they are easy to read and understand. Also, you'll need to be able to point me to published content on the web that came from you and has received some level of traction (and excitement) in the form of social shares / comments.
- Strong communication – Your written communication must be excellent. Most of the interaction with your team will be on Slack. You’ll need to be concise and direct in how you communicate to be successful. You will also be creating and editing documented processes, and your processes must be clear and easy to follow.
- Data driven – You’ll need to use data and analytics to see how our audience is engaging with content and use this information to meet your monthly goals.
- Be a people person – You will be constantly reaching out to new people and businesses to collaborate on new projects and generate ideas for new content and be comfortable communicating with people you have not met before.
How Much Will I Get Paid?
Your starting salary will be $1,000 for the first month and will increase by $200 every month after for the next 5 months. So on month 6 you'll earn $2,000.
After the 6-month period, we'll reevaluate your work and offer a performance-based compensation plan so that you'll always get paid well for your worth.
How Do I Apply?
Position filled. Thanks for your consideration!