My Monthly Income, Growth and Traffic Report – January 2014
Welcome to my first monthly report for 2014!
I stopped publishing these reports for a while for some reasons. As the new year 2014 has come, It’s time to bring them back with a new and updated format to provide more value to the audience.
Each month I will be publishing a detailed report that tells you what I’ve done and lessons learned during the previous month. I will transparently show you how my online business is progressing including my income, expenses and traffic throughout my websites.
I do this for four reasons:
- To help me keep track of my own progress.
- To push myself to see improvements month after month.
- To lead by example by sharing both my wins and failures.
- To inspire and encourage other people to start their own businesses.
Ok. Let’s get straight into this month’s report.
Important Happenings In January
Working On My Upcoming Product
As I mentioned in this post, I’m going to launch my first premium product. I’m really excited for the launch, as I’ve put my heart and soul into creating the product.
What’s the product about?
In short, it’s an affiliate marketing coaching forum community loaded with training materials to help you learn how to build a successful affiliate website faster.
Here’s what you get as part of your membership:
- The Amazon Affiliate Handbook – the exact formula I use to quickly build an amazon affiliate website that can make $1000+ a month in under 90 days.
- The Advanced Guide To Tiered Link Building – the exact link building strategy I regularly use to rank dozens of sites on the first page with ease.
- New Case Studies and Latest Income-Making Opportunities Added Each Month – who doesn’t like reading case studies?
- Tools and Resources – to help you build your online empire faster and make more money.
- New Training Modules Added Each Month – to help you improve your knowledge and skills.
- Access to the private community forum where you can interact with other affiliate marketers and entrepreneurs from around the world, getting advice and collaborating for maximum results.
- Most importantly, you will get personal access to me for private guidance and coaching – ask as many questions as you can and I’ll answer them all for you in 24 hours.
- And much, much more…
The official launch date is February 14, 2014. Yes, it’s Valentine’s day. I hope that it would not affect sales.
Celebrating ‘Tet’ a.k.a Vietnamese New Year
This was the main reason why I didn’t get many things done this month. I had to visit my hometown, helped my parents prepare for Tet, and celebrate the New Year with friends and family like other Vietnamese people.
- Finished main content for the upcoming membership: The Amazon Affiliate Handbook (ebook) and The Advanced Guide To Tiered Link Building (video series).
- Redesigned Cloud Living.
- Got distracted and wasted time and money on unprofitable things.
- Failed to write an update for Niche Site Challenge.
- Failed to publish at least 2 posts a week for Cloud Living.
Detailed Look at The Numbers
Due to lack of regular posting, traffic has dropped by over 30 percents compared to October with over 9,000 visits. It is averaging 195 uv/day
Most Popular Content
How I Built A Niche Site That Ranked #1 in Google and Made $93.32 in 38 days is still the most visited article on my blog while my massive guide on How To Build a High PR Blog Network and Rank For Anything With Ease hold #2 position. This month I will put more effort on tweaking these 2 posts and directing people to my upcoming product.
Top Traffic Sources
Google is driving most of the traffic as usual and it’s nice to see the rest of the top 10 made up of social media and other blogs. Big thanks to Niche Pursuits, Flippa, Authority Website Income, and God of SEO for mentioning me on their awesome blogs.
You can also notice that Facebook sent quite a bit traffic to my blog. That was the result of using WPSharely to boost social shares on almost every blog post.
In September 2013, I sold my 1st amazon affiliate website for $10,000.
You could easily guess that my next step would be to duplicate the process and build more 5-figure sites like that, right?
Unfortunately, I got distracted after my first little success.
I tried a few different business ideas with no success.
Do I regret?
Although I did waste a lot of time and money on those projects, I learned valuable lessons on how NOT to build a successful online business as well. I’ll write a dedicated article about those lessons later.
Having that said, I still earned $925.51 from Cloud Living and other niche sites. I’m building up my affiliate empire again, so hopefully in the next few month I’ll be able to increase that amount significantly.
Income Breakdown (January 2014)
Disclosure: many of the links below are affiliate links that will earn me a commission if you purchase through them. If you do, I absolutely appreciate it and if you have any questions about any of the products or services please let me know!
Also, please note that these are figures from reports from each individual company for the previous month. It does not necessarily reflect the actual payment which, for some of the companies listed below, comes 30 to 60 days later because of potential refunds.
- January 2014 Affiliate Earnings:
- January 2014 Expenses: (Below is what was paid last month. It does not include pro-rated yearly fees. Most are related to new projects under development):
- Content Writer: #451.13
- Accountant: $50
- FPT Traffic: $10
- SEO Hosting: $9.95
- SimpleWriting.org Course: $129
- Godaddy Auction Membership: $4.99
- Video Production For Tiered Link Building Guide: $2000
- Domain Buying and Renewal: $58.35
- Serpbook Rank Tracker: $9.95
- Odesk: $18.32
- SEO Service For Upcoming Case Study: $205
- Slider Evolution Plugin: $18
- Amember Membership Software: $219.95
- Xenforo Forum Software: $140
- Clicky Analytics: $40.47
- SuperFastBusiness Membership: $79
- Longtail Platinum Subscription: $12
- Total Expenses for January 2014: $3456.11
- Net Total in January 2014: – $2530.6
My expenses for January were extremely higher than usual because of the production for the advanced guide to tiered link building. People often ask me about how I build links to my niche websites, so this is maybe the best answer
As I’m still working on improving my English speaking to achieve fluency, I hired a friend of mine to produce 2+ hour worth of videos to show you exactly what you should do to rank websites in 2014.
At the moment, the guide will be only available to members of my upcoming membership, the public version will be released soon.
Check out this introduction video:
Lessons Learned In January
Laser Focus On One Business Model and Make It Successful – Building affiliate websites works and still works so well for me and other people. So there’s no reason to try and test other business ideas while you haven’t made the most out of the existing and working one. You definitely can and should diversify your income in the future, but don’t do that unless you’re banking 4 or 5 figures a month with niche websites.
Never Stop Producing. Consistency Rules! – I stopped regularly publishing new articles on Cloud Living and my traffic dropped by 30%. I stopped building new sites and my affiliate income significantly decreased too. Whatever you’re doing with your business, never stop producing. Consistency is the key to succeed!
Goals & Plans for February
This is a newly added section where I’ll reveal my plans and goals for the next month to help you know exactly what to expect and to hold me accountable.
Some plans for this month are:
Launch the Cloud Living Membership - Again, it will be launched on February 14th for a limited time. I’ll give you more information about the product next week before the launch, but I’m extremely excited and proud of what I’ve been able to create for you guys.
Travel to Ho Chi Minh city to attend DC’s February Juntos - If you never heard about the DC, check out this page. I really miss my fellow DC friends and this is also a great opportunity to get their feedback about my product launch.
Create a Publishing Calendar For Cloud Living – I’ll try to publish at least 2 high quality articles per week. If you have any idea on what I should write about next, let me know in the comment section.
Make an Update On Niche Site Challenge - stay tuned for an update next week. Lots of interesting things to talk about.
What happened to you and your business last month? Have anything interesting to share with us?
I’d also like to hear about what you have planned for the coming month.
Writing it in the comment section below will make it way more likely to happen, and you’ll be holding yourself accountable in front of the rest of the Cloud Living community.
Again, thank you so much for all of your support, and look out for constant updates and tweaks to the Cloud Living blog during the next month. I appreciate you, and wish you all the best!