Welcome to my February monthly report for 2014!
Each month I will be publishing a detailed report that tells you what I’ve done and lessons learned during the previous month. I will transparently show you how my online business is progressing including my income, expenses and traffic throughout my websites.
I do this for four reasons:
- To help me keep track of my own progress.
- To push myself to see improvements month after month.
- To lead by example by sharing both my wins and failures.
- To inspire and encourage other people to start their own businesses.
Ok. Let’s get straight into this month’s report.
Important Happenings In February
Launching My First Premium Product
After a few months of developing, I finally launched my membership program in February 14th 2013. Although I made quite a bit mistakes during the launch, I’m still happy with what I’ve been able to achieve with the product. Here’s a few numbers you may want to know (including revenue):
- Launch period: 3 days
- Unique Visitors to sales page: 950
- Sales: 71
- Conversion rate: 7.5%
- Refund: 3
- Revenue: $7,132
Right now I’m working closely with the members in the program to help them build profitable affiliate sites and collecting their feedback to improve the product before launching it again in May or June. If you missed the launch, subscribe to the waiting list here to receive updates from me.
Traveling To Ho Chi Minh City
Finally, I made it to Saigon to hang out with a bunch of other location independent entrepreneurs in the Dynamite Circle. I’m having a great time here while doing tons of work to grow my online business.
- Launched my product.
- Traveled to Saigon.
- Attended DC’s February Junto.
- Published an update on the niche site challenge.
- Made some updates to my stroller site which resulted in the increase in traffic and ranking.
- Failed to create a publishing calendar for Cloud Living.
- Failed to publish at least 2 posts a week for Cloud Living.
- Failed to hire a bookkeeper to help me keep track of my financial.
Detailed Look at The Numbers
By emailing people on my list more frequently, I saw a significant increase in traffic from 5,875 (195/day) last month to 7,292 (243/day) this month.
Most Popular Content
The sales page got #1 position this month as I was quite aggressively promoting it through the blog and email list. I also noticed that my new Product page got quite a bit traffic too. This month I really need to review and update all the content and pages on the blog.
Top Traffic Sources
Nothing new here except the fact that traffic from Facebook increased by 78.79% compared to last month. WPsharely works!
Income Breakdown (February 2014)
Disclosure: many of the links below are affiliate links that will earn me a commission if you purchase through them. If you do, I absolutely appreciate it and if you have any questions about any of the products or services please let me know!
Also, please note that these are figures from reports from each individual company for the previous month. It does not necessarily reflect the actual payment which, for some of the companies listed below, comes 30 to 60 days later because of potential refunds.
- February 2014 Earnings:
- Hostgator: $0
- Long Tail Pro: $128.33 (read my review)
- Genesis Framework: $139.98
- Semrush: $111.92 (check out my tutorial)
- Hybrid Connect: $53.64
- WPSharely: $22.07
- SEO Omega: $46.67
- Forever Affiliate: $145.5
- Amazon: $146.49
- Cloud Living Membership Launch: $7,132
- Gross Total in February 2014: $7926.59
- February 2014 Expenses: (Below is what was paid last month. It does not include pro-rated yearly fees. Most are related to new projects under development):
- Content Writer: $226.13
- Expired Domains: $45
- Site5 Hosting: $142.45
- Analytics Review Service: $49
- Dynamite Circle membership: $97
- Fiver: $5
- SEO Hosting: $9.95
- IXWebhosting: $91.29
- McMasters Membership: $599
- SuperFastBusiness Membership: $59
- Longtail Platinum Subscription: $12
- Serpbook.com: $9.95
- Tee Cass Kit Course: $17
- Total Expenses for February 2014: $1362.77
- Net Total in February 2014: $6,563.82
One of my highest earning months ever as a result of the successful launch. However, I will need to increase my affiliate earnings outside the blog as well by building more profitable sites.
Goals and Plans for March
Create a Publishing Calendar For Cloud Living – I’ll try to publish at least 2 high quality articles per week. If you have any idea on what I should write about next, let me know in the comment section.
Launch a New Case Study – This time I will try to build a bigger authority site with more content and less link building effort. I want to see if money should be better spend on content or link building.
Release The Advanced Guide To Tiered Link Building – This is a huge video tutorial with 0ver 12 videos teaching you how to build links safely and effectively in 2014 to rank your site. It’s included in the membership but after considering I decided to release it to the public on March.
What happened to you and your business last month? Have anything interesting to share with us?
I’d also like to hear about what you have planned for the coming month.
Writing it in the comment section below will make it way more likely to happen, and you’ll be holding yourself accountable in front of the rest of the Cloud Living community.
Again, thank you so much for all of your support, and look out for constant updates and tweaks to the Cloud Living blog during the next month. I appreciate you, and wish you all the best!