$10K Challenge Update #6
Welcome to the 6th update of my $10K Challenge. If this is your first time reading, check out what this challenge is all about here.
Below are the things that happened since the last update (May 2016):
- Hit 100,000 visits a month.
- Launched the Epic article and built 17 links to it.
- Failed to start collecting emails.
- Failed to optimize revenue.
Website Stats as of August 1st 2016
- Domain Rating: 42 (+1)
- Domain Authority: 25 (-1)
- Referring Domains: 106 (+21)
- Organic Keywords: 27,000 (+7,000)
Traffic has grown nicely since the last update and is at about 3,800 visits a day.
There’s not much to talk about here as my strategy is simply to post new contents consistently, at 3 times a week.
I’m going to keep this posting frequency for the next few months as it’s better to focus on optimizing current contents to maximize performance / revenue.
Amazon Affiliate Income
I wasn’t able to optimize the revenue and it’s still at $3,000 on average. Income for July is a bit lower and it could be due to 2 reasons:
- Minor ranking changes for some of my best keywords.
- Summer is a low season for the health and beauty niche. Some of my friends noticed the same trend with their sites.
I also tested Media.net ads and earned about $150 in 2 months. But, I wasn’t happy with how the ads look on my site so I removed it.
Content & Promotion
My team and I published 26 new posts and gained 21+ new backlinks during this period.
We’ve launched the epic page (check it out here) and is currently promoting it quite heavily.
My SEO manager is doing an incredible job and this month alone, he has built 17 new links to it through manual outreach.
The page is moving up nicely for all the main keywords and I expect to get some decent traffic in just a couple of months.
That’s it for my 6th update. Here are what we’re gonna do over the upcoming months to grow the site to $10k/month:
- Keep posting frequency at 3 posts a week.
- Do conversion rate optimization for top performing articles.
- Keep building new links to the epic page.
- Focus on building an email list (can’t procrastinate on this anymore!)
If you have any question for me, feel free to leave a comment below or post in our Facebook community.
You can also join my online course AMZ Affiliate Bootcamp, if you want to fast-track your way to success with building Amazon affiliate websites.
Enrollment opens again today, and I'm doubling the price after Friday, so be sure to check it out now.